Steven Switzer, CIM ®
My wife Jackie and I have been married since 1993. She runs a home décor business with the help of our newly graduated daughter Carly who obtained a business marketing degree. We love to travel, spend time with friends and family, and I suck at golf but still enjoy it. I became an investment advisor with an independent brokerage firm in 2007; I was managing my own money and saw a need to help others the same way I was managing my portfolio. This has since become my passion and life: helping clients manage their wealth the same way that I manage my own money. In 2015, I moved to Raymond James and Fort Saskatchewan with my family to continue this passion, and I eventually earned my CIM designation to become a portfolio manager, so that I can manage my clients’ assets on a discretionary basis as I would do for myself and my family.
I'm the proud mother of 2 boys who always keep me on my toes and are constantly impressing me as they turn into young men. I have lived in Fort Saskatchewan since I was 12 and have been happily married to my husband Devin for 24 years. I enjoy yoga, running, and the occasional glass of wine. I love working at Switzer Financial because of the wonderful relationships I have built with our clients. Many of these folks have become like family and a day does not go by where I don't get a thank you or a hug from my extended Raymond James family.
I live in Fort Saskatchewan with my wonderful partner Mark. I have 2 adult sons that live in Boyle and 1 granddaughter. In the summer, I keep busy with yard work and motorbiking; In the winter, we love to bowl and vacation somewhere tropical.
I started working with Switzer Financial in November of 2019 after retiring from 30 years at Portage College. I enjoy working at Switzer Financial, I am always learning and the staff and clients are wonderful and always bringing a smile to my face.
Business Development Specialist
My wife, Sandra, and I have been based in Fort Saskatchewan for 25 years and we got to know Steve as clients of the Switzer team for over 9 years. After 28 years in the energy industry, I decided to make a change and join the Switzer team. My goal is to bring the same great level of service and benefits we have enjoyed to the people in my network.
We love scuba-diving, camping, paddling, hiking, and exploring new places while traveling. I also try to keep up with our kids cycling, downhill and cross-country skiing.
- Habitat for Humanity
- Fort Saskatchewan Food Bank
- Boys & Girls Club of Fort Saskatchewan
- Fort Saskatchewan Families First Society
Raymond James LTD.
Established in 1962, our parent firm made its initial public offering in 1983 and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange using the ticker symbol RJF. Now, Raymond James is collectively managing US$877 billion in client assets.
Today, that client-focused approach serves clients through 8,200 financial/investment advisors altogether with over 1,415 employees and agents, including 478 Financial Advisors across Canada.
Our business is people and their financial well-being. Therefore, in the pursuit of our goals, we will conduct ourselves in accordance with the following precepts:
- Our clients always come first.
- We must provide the highest level of service with integrity.
- Assisting our clients in the attainment of their financial objectives is our most worthy enterprise.
- We must communicate with our clients clearly and frequently.
- Our investments and services must be of superior quality.
Teamwork - cooperating with and providing assistance and support to our fellow associates - is fundamental to sustaining a quality work environment that nurtures opportunities for unapparelled service, personal growth and job satisfaction.
- Continuing education is necessary to maintain the timeliness of investment knowledge, tax law information and financial planning techniques.
- Innovation is requisite to our survival in a changing world.
- To emulate other members of our industry requires us to continue to work hard; to excel beyond our peers requires us to provide an even higher caliber of service to our clients.
- We must give something back to the communities in which we live and work.